“Meaning is created through a craft approach to life.”
— Alan Moore
Here is the story about the transformation of Gränsfors Bruk into an innovative, sustainable, and lightweight company. It’s a story of transforming a company from a mass production-style manufacturer, to a small scale, high quality shop with skilled, dedicated, and engaged co-workers. It’s a story about another way of doing business based on values that manifest themselves in the whole company and its products. It’s a story which gives hope for small scale, sustainable ways of running businesses. It’s a story of craftsmanship.
- How to create an innovative and sustainable company by Alan More
- Why values are important – Gabriel Branby (25 min video)
- Traditional axe making and wooden lodge construction from Sweden (9 min video)
- Review: Gränsfors Bruk Scandinavian Forest Axe (11 min video)
- Trip to Gränsfors Bruk’s Ax Factory by John McMenamin (9 min video)