You can apply sociocracy as an individual even if you don’t work in a sociocractic organization. The following is a summary of actions you can take from Open Tech Farm – a research toward an alternative sustainable eco-system:
- Expect Consent: Expect that consent (the principle of no objections) is the standard for all decision-making.
- Start Rounds: Bring out comments from all by giving each person time to speak.
- Double-Link: Suggest that two people represent your group to other groups.
- Elect by Discussion and Consent: Ask whom group members think might be a good person for the task and obtain consent.
- Actively Solicit Concerns & Objections: Build stronger decisions by welcoming concerns and objections.
- Measure & Report: Follow-up decisions to see if they are working as expected.
- Encourage Self-Organization: Ask questions to let people find their own answers.
- Self-Education: Take responsibility for your own development.
Sociocracy requires a new mindset
Scrum vs. Sociocracy
Sociocratic principles can be implemented in many ways
Sociocracy is a method, and still it isn’t
Implementing sociocracy without sociocracy
Sociocracy as practiced by the G/wi
Policies vs. agreements
Scaling sociocracy is all about the context
Unspoken sociocratic principles
Cultural dimensions of sociocracy
A prerequisite for sociocracy is a socios
Related posts in Swedish:
Holakrati, holokrati och sociokrati
Hur införa sociokrati i en organisation (del 1)?
Hur införa sociokrati i en organisation (del 2)?
Sociokrati är som permakultur, fast för människor
Sociokrati är som en skogsträdgård
Kurs i kväkarnas beslutsmetod, som sociokrati bygger på
En historisk tillbakablick på kväkarnas beslutsmetod
Sociokratibok: Idag publiceras boken
Några tankar om sociokrati
Min gästblogg på #skolvåren: Att organisera oss rätt