I have hosted many different kinds of meetings and workshops over the years. They have been from half a day up to a full week depending on the situation and purpose. This is why I am very interested in the Large Group Methods which have been developed during the last 20-30 years. Wikipedia has excellent descriptions of many of these methods. Video clips are also available on YouTube (I have selected a few).
- Open Space Technology – The Art of Hosting
(wikipedia / video interview / video introduction)
- Future Search – Whole system interactive planning and organizational development
(wikipedia / book review / example of use / video interview)
- World Café – Shaping our futures through conversations that matter
(wikipedia / video interview )
- Appreciative Inquiry – Understand and value what’s working well and build upon it
(wikipedia / video introduction)
- The Circle Way – A leader in every chair, collaborative conversations
(guidelines in english or swedish / video interview)
I will come back with more details on these and other methods over time.