Frederic Laloux makes the following distinctions in Reinventing Organizations, page 46.
- In the Impulsive-Red perspective, a good decision is the one that gets me what I want.
- In Conformist-Amber, decisions are held up to the light of conformity to social norms.
- In Achievement-Orange, effectiveness and success are the yardsticks by which decisions are made.
- In Pluralistic-Green, matters are judged by the criteria of belonging and harmony.
- In Evolutionary-Teal, there is a shift from external to internal yardsticks in the decision-making. Does this decision seem right? Am I being true to myself? Am I being of service to the world?