This is a post in my series on organizing “between and beyond.” Other posts are here.
- “Humans are most valuable when they have high autonomy, and able to play to their unique strengths and histories …”
- “Even with technology … sufficiently intelligence in machines drives diminishing returns from synchronization.”
- “… Ashby’s Law of Requisite Variety gets at why systems must be desynchronized … in complex environments.”
- “… nature revels in variety and complex textures of desynchronization …”
- “Missionary tactical contracts are to loose coordination what job descriptions, performance reviews, annual goal-setting/personal development processes are to tight synchronization”1
- “… trust people … and expect them to work out much more meaningful and dynamic mutual expectations and working tempos for themselves.”
- Preconditions are “… strong trust … Einheit …” and “… direction setting … Schwerpunkt.”
- “… open communication is expected to bear the burden of coordination …”
- “… perhaps, we’ve had far more synchronization than people actually want or need in life. “
Authentic order enables synchronization when needed (like in a laser beam), while counterfeit order leads to premature synchronization.
1 See Mission-type tactics, Wikipedia (accessed 2016-08-13).
Organizing in between and beyond posts